This gracious home was built in 1908 with the first deed dated 10/6/1908 for a price of 1275 dollars.
The home sits on 3 city lots in the “Highland Park Subdivision” and is described in the register of historic places as a “four square ”.
The Highland ParkSub division was plated 1906. The home has been lovingly restored over the last 25 years by the current owners . The owners have sought to honor and respect this old house by restoring it to its original state and intention. An original photo dating from 1912 helped guide exterior renovations. Interior features, built in cabinetry, and many windows in the house are original and still run on a counterweight system. Many of the homes original light fixtures had been removed and replaced with “modern” fixtures. Salvaged Vintage, age appropriate light fixtures were added over several years. Additionally, the original front door had been removed at some point in the history of the home. After an exhaustive search for a period replacement an architectural salvage door from a 1907 House in Seattle was located and installed. The home was not originally built with a full basement but a homeowner in the 1970’s dug out a full basement- Literally with a pail and shovel! The supporting foundation was poured from the inside.
Previous owner included Judge Frank S Dietrich a brilliant nationally known jurist for the Supreme Court.
The home has been featured in the North End Neighborhood Historic Holiday Home Tour. The beautiful, heavily treed, garden has been feature numerous times in the North End Neighborhood Garden Tour.