1800 Warm Springs Avenue was built in 1947 by Dr. John D. Cambareri, a local psychologist, for himself and his large family. The doctor later donated the home to what was then Boise State College and the building served as a fraternity house through parts of the 1960s and 1970s.
The house eventually returned to a single family home and was remodeled in 1995. In total the house has had at least ten sets of occupants over the past 60 years, including a banker and a dairy man.This home was constructed in the Cape Cod style. It exemplifies the Cape Cod style with its gabled roof, clapboard siding, shuttered windows, one and a half stories and multiple dormers. The house also features a large brick pediment with a brick fan accent which frames the front door, an element more characteristic of Colonial design than Cape Cod.
This house is typical of the post-World War II era in which it was built. Many homes built in suburbs for soldiers returning from war and their new families, especially government financed ones, during this time were Cape Cods. This era represented a time of great growth in Boise’s history and this house was part of that population and building boom.