Delos H Peck and Delilah Baker Peck moved to Twin Falls from Neola, Iowa in 1908. Mr. Peck was born in Schaumburg, Illinois on February 22, 1854. Mrs. Peck, also from Illinois, was born July 28, 1862. Upon arriving here they built their home at 207 8th Avenue East in the Twin Falls Original Townsite. The house was built in the Dutch Colonial Revival style, popular at the time. The style is characterized by the gambrel roof with flared eaves. The house is little changed from when it was built.
D. H. Peck was a nurseryman in Iowa, and after moving to Twin Falls, ran his nursery business from his home. The Pecks were active in the community. D. H. was a member of the local Masonic and Elks lodges. While living in Neola, Iowa, D.H. was a past worthy patron of the Order of the Eastern Star and past chancellor commander of the Knights of Pythias. Delilah was a member of the American War Mothers and the American Legion Auxiliary, and was a past matron of the Order of the Eastern Star in Neola.
The Pecks had two children. Their son Alfred Wilton Peck, was born September 7, 1890, in Neola, Iowa. He worked for Twin Falls Bank & Trust and was a prominent local musician. Their daughter, Alice Isabel Peck, was born in Illinois in 1884. She married William H. Rough who was associated with D. H. in the nursery business. Alice died in 1917.
Mrs. Peck died in Twin Falls on March 15, 1934, after a short illness. Mr. Peck was an invalid for seven years prior to his death, at home, on April 3, 1936.
The D.H. Peck house in listed on the National Register of Historic Places.