Fort Boise Mid High was first known as Lincoln School which was first open in 1896 at the corner of 4th St and Idaho St. It was than being rebuilt at 300 W Fort St, the location today in 1950 as an opportunity school for students who needed some extra help. In 1992, the name was changed to Fort Boise Learning Center and in 1999 it was changed to Fort Boise Mid High. Sadly though, the school is being shut down at the end of 2008 and all the students are attending Frank Church High School.
Fort Boise Mid High is not really significant architecturally as much as it is historically but the building is really plain and straight with many windows surrounding the building.
Fort Boise Mid High has helped many students through the years especially the last 50 years of its life helping those who needed extra help and support.