Property Type: Residential
Have updates for this building? Contact Us!
This rough cabin was built in 1937 to house miners and operators of the Yankee Fork dredge, a mining operation that began in 1940 along the Yankee Fork of the Salmon River. The cabin along with several others, is located in a small village at the south end of the Yankee Fork Dredge grounds. The cabins, dredge and mining claims were originally owned by the Snake River Mining company, which mined the valley from 1940 to 1949, when all of it was sold to the Simplot Company. In 1952, the claim was shut down by Simplot and the dredge was idled. Over time, the cabins were sold to private owners and an attempt at creating the Yankee Fork Resort around the cabins.